About the programme
National Research Tomsk State University has become one of the leading national universities that received the highest assessment of the Council on Enhancing the Competitiveness of the Leading Universities of the Russian Federation among the world's leading research and education centres.
The Ministry of
Education and Science of the Russian Federation has indicated 15 Russian
universities that won the competition for financing. The state support aims to
implement activities focused on promoting the University in the world rankings.
In accordance with the President’s order in 2020, at least 5 universities are
to enter the top-100 world universities and at least 15 the top-200. The total
budget of this project is 9 billion rubles.
The University’s competitiveness enhancement programme should ensure:
- Development of candidate pool for managerial staff of the University and recruitment of expert-managers with work experience at the leading international and national universities and research organizations.
- Recruitment of young scientists with work experience at the leading international and national universities and research organizations.
- Encouragement of national and international academic mobility of academic staff.
- Enhancement of postgraduate centre activities.
- Launch of educational programmes jointly with leading international and national universities.
- Recruitment of students from leading international universities for studying at Russian universities, including partnership educational programmes with international universities and university associations.
- Performing research activities under the programme of fundamental research in the Russian Federation under the supervision of the leading international and national researchers.